Friday, July 24, 2015

"Hypnobirth" Options in Idaho

At times I feel I was ahead of my time.  I helped my wife deliver two children with hypnosis, and I have assisted a number of clients over the years (albeit not in the delivery room).  This, of course, was long before "hypnobirthing" and other such terms had come into the lexicography!

I was delighted to read Jami Hepworth's recent article in the Idaho State Journal.  Dubbed "Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis," these classes in Pocatello, ID, will doubtless prove most beneficial, and they may serve to promote hypnosis as a valid therapeutic "alternative" as well.  Hypnosis has been shown to help women relax in between contractions, and it can reduce pain to at least some extent.  Hypnosis helps the mother "push" the baby into the world, and later to expel the placenta.  Moreover, those with anxiety about nursing have also benefitted demonstrably from hypnotic suggestions.

The link is here:  http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/childbirth-hypnosis-classes-now-offered-in-pocatello/article_90e1f754-3048-11e5-a3ad-cbf10cb38ef8.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment